onsdag den 8. august 2012

Alone with the Alone

                                                               Odilon Redon "Pandora"

Yesterday my family and I went to Washington D.C. to visit the National Gallery. I am not normally attracted to long museum visits. The vast amount of pictures and information tires me quickly and I prefer smaller exhibits where I can concentrate on one or a few artists at a time. Therefore I spent my time enjoying the scenery and playing with Alia. When she fell asleep I found myself wandering towards the French Impressionists to keep her asleep in a moving pram. After having looked at hundreds of paintings in ten minutes I was feeling that old fatigue when a large pastel coloured painting caught my eye. It was by an artist I had never heard of before and my mind drifted off into the painting that for some reason spoke to me. 

It is a rarity these days that I have the time to converse with my inner self and it struck me so strongly because it has been so long. Even when I was pregnant my mind was full of Alia, as it is now, but somehow this painting gave me a shortcut to that part of me that has been sorely neglected.

In prayer my energy is focused on a God distinct from me, apart from me, I am reaching out, but once in a blue moon a warm feeling rushes over me and I am left with the feeling that inside of me exists an eternal  light  that is in constant connection with the Divine Energy. We are now in the last ten days of Ramadan and these are the times that such blessings occur. Thank God.


2 kommentarer:

Salihah sagde ...

Masha'Allah, Alhamdulillah, Ameen!!

littlelake sagde ...

:)